Visitors to Batsford Arboretum near Moreton-in-Marsh can now enjoy breakfast, lunch or coffee in their new-look café following an extensive refurbishment last year.
The Garden Terrace Café, which sits within the main visitor centre at Batsford, has been fully refurbished to provide an extended space which has almost tripled the seating capacity, as well as a revamped kitchen and serving area.
Looking out over the plant centre and Evenlode Valley beyond, the café has stunning countryside views and modern styling including new tables and chairs as well as pendant lamps cascading from the ceiling bringing a much brighter, fresh feel.
The café has a refreshed menu with an expanded breakfast offering served from 9.30am to 11am and hot lunches - now including burgers - from midday to 2.30pm.
Light snacks and a wide range of cakes – freshly baked on site by a new in-house baker - are available throughout the day. The café is open daily from 9.30am to 5pm (4pm during the winter months).
As part of the refurbishment project, the garden shop at Batsford has also been extended to provide a new layout and space for larger product ranges.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Assistance Dogs
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Easy access from main roads/good public transport links
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Cater for vegans
- Cater for vegetarians
- Dairy-Free Options Available
- Gluten-Free & Coeliac Options Available
- Locally sourced produce
- Outdoor Seating
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Baby Changing Facilities
- Children's menu
- Children's play area
- Al Fresco Dining
- Cater for special dietary requirements
- Dog Friendly
- Electric Car charging point
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Groups accepted
- Independent Business
- Locally-sourced produce
- On-site car parking
- On-site coach parking
- Open All Year
- Outdoor Terrace
- Pets accepted - Well-behaved dogs on short leads
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Apple pay accepted
- Cash accepted
- Contactless payment accepted
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Mar 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:30||- 17:00|
|Season (1 Jan 2024 - 28 Feb 2024)|
|Monday - Friday||09:30||- 16:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||09:30||- 16:30|
|Bank Holiday||09:30||- 16:30|
* Open every day except Christmas Day (limited hours during the festive period - see website for details).
Batsford Arboretum and Garden Centre is centrally located just a mile and a half from the historic Cotswold market town of Moreton-in-Marsh. Our entrance is on Bourton Road/A44 (towards/from Bourton on the Hill).
If using SATNAV, please use the postcode GL56 9AT to reach us and look out for the brown directional signs as you head towards Moreton-in-Marsh.
Public Transport Directions
There are regular buses to Moreton from Cheltenham (service 801 Pulham’s Coaches) and the 1 and 2 Johnsons Excelbus services from Stratford Upon Avon drop passengers at the entrance to Batsford. The service takes about 5 minutes but bear in mind you’ll have to walk up the mile long drive.