For centuries, Abbots Grange has been a special residence and retreat of the church offering welcome sanctuary for members of the clergy including Bishops, Priests and Monks of the Benedictine order.
Now it's an award winning AA 5 star manor house welcoming guests from around the world.
With just 9 luxurious bedrooms and suites and not being open to the general public, guests are able to experience the beauty, romance and extraordinary atmosphere of this medieval manor house exclusively and intimately. A beautiful 4 poster bed with memory foam mattress and dressed in fine linen sheets forms the centrepiece of each room. Bathrooms are set out with thick white fluffy robes and slippers together with Molton Brown toiletries/amenity kits.
Breakfast is freshly prepared and served in the panelled dining room and Great Hall. In the summer months, herbs and tomatoes are gathered from the kitchen gardens. Local sausages, bacon and free range eggs are always on offer. An à la carte menu includes seasonal ‘specials’ such as chilli spiked avocado on toasted sourdough with poached eggs. Freshly ground wood roasted filter coffee and/or espresso plus a good selection of local Huffkins teas and infusions.
Evening dining is in the village, a two-minute walk away where there is a fabulous selection of restaurants that cater to every taste.
The Pulpit bar is located in the Abbots cell and in the summer months a fire-pit surrounded by cosy out door sofas, burns until midnight each evening. During the winter months, the Great Hall is the place to curl up in front of a roaring log fire with your favourite tipple and a good book. The full history of Abbots Grange is available to read from leather bound catalogues in the Great Hall.
Owned and managed by the Taee family, the house is set in 8 acres of gardens and grounds in the Cotswolds village of Broadway and comes complete with tennis court, croquet lawn, rose gardens and helicopter landing pad.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en-suite rooms||from £260.00 to £565.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite||from £360.00 to £635.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 AA Gold Stars
- AA Awards AA Breakfast Award 2022
- Film - Historic Location
- Local Produce English Breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 16's and over only only please.
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Real log/coal fires
- Celebrity connection
- Film or TV location
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - The oldest dwelling in Broadway, the AA 5 star medieval manor house was built in about 1320 as the summer manor for the Abbot of Pershore. Later additions include the Elizabethan parlour, favoured by the artist Francis Millet who owned the property in the late C18th. Many famous artists, writers and musicians visited and worked with Millet at the property including Oscar Wild, Edward Elgar, John Singer Sargent, Claud Monet, Austin Abbey and William Morris. Please see our web site at abbotsgrange.com for further history and information.
- Village Location
- Cycle hire
- Tennis court
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|